Wow! Thanks again for everyone’s generosity and support at last Friday’s 3rd Annual GingerCloud Fundraising Luncheon! We raised a staggering $60, 800. It means so much to us for everyone to support our dream in which children can find a place where they belong.
From champagne on arrival to delicious catering provided by Crosby Park Events, the atmosphere was incredible, filled with endless laughter and an overwhelming amount of love. We had bidding wars over many auction items and bursts of excitement from our raffle prize winners. After the luncheon had come to a close, we all moved next door to Ruggers Restaurant where the celebrations continued well into the night! It was an incredible event.
We would also like to thank our Event Sponsors The Hon Peter Dutton MP Minister for Home Affairs, Outsource2Us for the video and photography and Priestly’s Gourmet Delights.
We would personally like to thank all the below speakers for your inspiring speeches on the day and of course Tim Horan AM for being our Master of Ceremonies once again.
- Sophie Martin, PlayerMentor for Wests 7’s MRP Team who shared her PlayerMentor experiences and how it has shaped her
- Nathan Sharpe, MRP Ambassador and Wallaby legend who discussed the upcoming Rugby World Cup with Tim Horan AM
- Rhett Kleine, MRP Coach and UNICEF Youth Ambassador who spoke about the magnitude of what community and fellowship can do for young people with disabilities
- Annie Simes from the Bryan Foundation who shared why investing in our vision was so important to her and what the GingerCloud Foundation means to her
- Ben Sherry, father of Dean from MRPs Plus Division who spoke on how GingerCloud and the Modified Rugby Program has changed his son’s life
- James Kleidon, MRP Area Coach who drew from his own personal battles to talk about resilience and overcoming injuries
All these speeches were truly inspiring and provided a different perspective on how we can all create a world where everyone belongs. What an amazing celebration of the true value of inclusion.
This fundraising luncheon would not have been possible without the continued support from our sponsors, partners and the people who kindly donated such incredible auction and raffle items. We would also like to thank Dave Treloar from Ray White Albion for being our auctioneer for the day. We really appreciate your time.